Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Reflections on the 23rd Psalm While it is only Tuesday morning, it is never too early in the week to experience soothing words from the 23rd Psalm. "He makes me to lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside still waters, he restores my soul." As spring unfolds, it would be really nice to go over to the park, spread out a blanket and lie down surrounded by green grass and observe the budding of new life around us. It would be equally nice to go over to the park and walk next to the stream, listening to the waters gently flowing and making just enough noise to relax our anxious souls. We long for our souls to be restored, don't we? The author seems to sey, "God leads me to the places he does and I know my needed renewal will be provided. Yes, God enables me to recapture my energy and move ahead." There are still many more hours this week. Listen closely and you will find your gentle shepherd is framing ways for you to discover wonderful treasures within your soul. --Ben Keckler 05.15.12

No comments: