Thursday, March 25, 2010

Daily Devotion - Thursday, March 25

Finding the Quiet Center

“God leads me beside still waters, restoring my soul.”
--From Psalm 23

This week we are focusing on the spiritual journey, particularly the journey that comes during chaotic times. The question we are working on might be summarized in this way: “When life is moving too fast, how can I demonstrate healthier self-care?” Recently I’ve discovered a wonderful hymn that expresses feelings related to this subject. On Tuesday and Wednesday we focused on the first two verses of “Come and Find the Quiet Center”. Today, verse 3:

“In the Spirit let us travel; open to each other’s pain,
Let our loves and fears unravel, celebrate the space we gain:
There’s a place for deepest dreaming, there’s a time for heart to care,
In the Spirit’s lively scheming there is always room to spare!”


Take a moment or two (three or four…) and find the restoration your soul deserves.

A prayer: Gentle God, lead me to places where I can care for my soul. Amen.

--Ben Keckler
03.25.10

No comments: