Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daily Devotion - Tuesday, March 23

Finding the Quiet Center

“God leads me beside still waters, restoring my soul.”
--From Psalm 23

The spiritual journey is difficult and probably one of the most difficult things about spirituality is maintaining good self-care. Recently I’ve discovered a wonderful hymn that really addresses some of the realities we have to face as we work at self-care. I’d like to share a verse of this hymn with you as the week begins. The hymn is titled, “Come and Find the Quiet Center.”

“Come and find the quiet center in the crowded life we lead,
Find the room for hope to enter, find the frame where we are freed:
Clear the chaos and the clutter, clear our eyes that we can see
All the things that really matter, be at peace, and simply be.”


Take a moment or two (three or four…) and focus on the restoration your soul deserves. Clearing the chaos and clutter so that we can see the things that really matter is not easy. But, if we are going to practice responsible self-care, then it is time to act! Have a good, good week.

A prayer: Gentle God, lead me to places where I can care for my soul. Amen.

--Ben Keckler
03.23.10

No comments: