Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Daily Devotion - Wednesday, March 24

Finding the Quiet Center

“God leads me beside still waters, restoring my soul.”
-- From Psalm 23

One aspect of the spiritual journey during chaotic times falls into the arena of self-care. Recently I’ve discovered a wonderful hymn that expresses feelings related to this subject. In yesterday’s devotions we focused on the first verse of “Come and Find the Quiet Center”. Today, verse 2:

“Silence is a friend who claims us, cools the heat and slows the pace,
God it is who speaks and names us, knows our being, touches base,
Making space within our thinking, lifting shades to show the sun,
Raising courage when we’re shrinking, finding scope for faith begun.”


Take a moment or two (three or four…) and find the restoration your soul deserves.

A prayer: Gentle God, lead me to places where I can care for my soul. Amen.

--Ben Keckler
03.24.10

No comments: