Thursday, March 27, 2008

Daily Devotions - Friday, March 28

A Quiet Center

“God leads me beside still waters, restoring my soul.”
--From Psalm 23

One aspect of our spiritual journey during chaotic times falls into the area of self-care. Today, focus on verse 3 of “Come and Find the Quiet Center”*.

In the Spirit let us travel; open to each other’s pain,
Let our loves and fears unravel, celebrate the space we gain:
There’s a place for deepest dreaming, there’s a time for heart to care,
In the Spirit’s lively scheming there is always room to spare!


Take a moment or two (three or four…) and find the restoration your soul deserves. And, have a great weekend!

A prayer: Gentle God, lead me to places where I can care for my soul. Amen.

Ben Keckler
03.28.08

* Words by Shirley Erena Murray, 1989; © 1992 Hope Publishing Co.

No comments: