Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Daily Devotions - Wednesday, March 5

A Worthy Question

“Where can I go from your spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?”
--Psalm 139: 7

The common theme within and among religions is spirituality. There is a common thread that does unite this global community. Obviously, weapons of mass destruction are not a common thread. Today the Psalm writer wrestles with the universality of Holy Presence by asking some critical questions.

Yesterday as I made rounds visiting with patients, I heard both patients and family members give me glowing reports about the tremendous care they were receiving. Each of us, regardless of occupation, continually could use a reminder: we can’t flee from the presence of the Divine. When we do take time to remember, we will develop a spirituality that allows people to experience a healing balm for their lives. We may not be able to stop the momentum of the global community, but each of us can do something important today—listen for and to the Divine.

A prayer for today: Holy God, remind me of my mortality and guide me in your paths. Amen.

Ben Keckler
03.05.08

No comments: