Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Daily Devotions - Tuesday, February 12

What Do You Mean, God?

“Be still and know that I am God!
I am exalted among the nations,
I am exalted in the earth.”
--Psalm 46:10

What does it mean to “be still”? We know what it means when we give that directive to children! But, what might it mean for you or for me? Today let's take time with the following prayer. Maybe this will offer some new insights; maybe it will pose new questions. With all our business busy-ness, maybe taking a moment with this prayer could be helpful----

A prayer for today:
As you already know, all-knowing Creator, stillness seems the hardest for me.
My life is filled with clanging and clattering.
There are even times I deliberately create noise to fill the silence.
Sometimes it’s the radio and sometimes I just talk to myself.
In some silent moment today
Give me courage to look inward and meet you in the deep places of my heart.
Come to me and bring the healing, restoration, forgiveness and reconciliation I long for.
And, as you already know, I probably won’t stay still long enough.
My agenda seems so full.
Could you teach me how to “be still” in the midst of motion? Amen.

Ben Keckler
02.12.08

No comments: