Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Daily Devotions - Tuesday, February 19

Mystery and Hope

“Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I call to you, when my heart is faint.
Lead me to a rock that is higher than I.”
--Psalm 61: 1, 2

Today’s devotions are in the form of a prayer focusing on themes of mystery and hope.

Be with us through all the unknown days lying before us:
Days when the black of night settles early in the west,
Days when the strong white of winter comes from the north,
Days when we look for the red of sunrise in the east,
Days when the yellow noonday sun lingers longer in the south.

Touch us that we may trust you and be strong,
That we may grow in union with all our sister and brothers,
That we may see more deeply into ourselves.

Grant us a vision of your mystery and a vision of ourselves.
Teach us authenticity and may we answer you with honesty, generosity and bravery.
Grant us understanding that life does not end; life does change.
Fill us with a deep, deep hope in your unending faithfulness to this world you love. Amen.


Ben Keckler
02.19.08

No comments: