Friday, February 5, 2010

Daily Devotion - Friday, February 5

Prelude to the Super Bowl

I think I'm going to enjoy this Super Bowl. Naturally I'm cheering for the COLTS these days, but I've always been impressed with the leadership and philanthropy Drew Brees has demonstrated (I can't think of a Purdue fan who would disagree). I am most impressed by the work ethic of these teams; they have definitely demonstrated the qualities that you want a championship team to display.

While each team has some really outstanding players, I feel both teams are in this championship game because they have learned what it means to be a team. The fans and the media try their best to make this game about various individuals, but the interviews I've been listening to demonstrate that the players are all about their organization, their team, their fans, their city.

There are many lessons to be learned from both the Colts and the Saints. For now, I am completely content to just dream about the big game and maintaining my belief that a bunch of folks from Indianapolis will be adding a ring to their jewelry collection. The Saints will come marching in, but I think the Colts will be galloping out!

GO COLTS!

--Ben Keckler
02.05.10

No comments: