Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Devotion - Monday, February 8

Postlude To The Super Bowl

It is still a few days until the Super Bowl and this Indianapolis based chaplain has decided to write a series of devotions about the game not yet played – a sort of hoping into the future. It might go without saying that I'm wearing my Colts “gear” every day and I'll be rooting for another Super Bowl championship on Sunday. It probably goes without saying that I'm hopeful that Dwight Freeney will have a monster game, along with the rest of our maligned defense. It probably also goes without saying that I'm envisioning some offensive struggles that will be short-lived, followed by a systematic dissection of the Saints.

I must also say that I feel I can't lose in this Super Bowl. I've been a fan of Drew Brees, remembering with fondness his days at Purdue and trips to Bowl games in Florida and Texas. I would like to see Drew have a fantastic day too! I've had the opportunity to make two trips to help struggling folks in Louisiana and Mississippi following Hurricane Katrina and understand how a Super Bowl victory would be a nice boost to a city that knows how to celebrate! I saw the Superdome in New Orleans when it sheltered homeless people and can imagine how a Super Bowl celebration could give those folks a better memory than the horrific pictures so many of us have embedded in our brains.

Living life's daily grind is always a struggle, a struggle deeper than who will win this year's Super Bowl. Both teams have provided us with many lessons during this season, both teams are winners in my book! I hope you can draw on your memory of yesterday's game and find a life lesson or two that will inspire you during the coming week.

--Ben Keckler
02.08.10

No comments: