Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Daily Devotion - Wednesday, March 30

Our Quiet Center

“God leads me beside still waters, restoring my soul.”
--From Psalm 23

One aspect of our spiritual journey during chaotic times falls into the area of self-care. I really appreciate the hymn “Come and Find the Quiet Center”. It expresses feelings related to this subject. For the remaining devotions this month we will look at each of the verses.

“Silence is a friend who claims us, cools the heat and slows the pace,
God it is who speaks and names us, knows our being, touches base,
Making space within our thinking, lifting shades to show the sun,
Raising courage when we’re shrinking, finding scope for faith begun.”


Take a moment or two (three or four…) and find the restoration your soul deserves.

A prayer: Gentle God, lead me to places where I can care for my soul. Amen.

--Ben Keckler
03.30.11

No comments: