Friday, April 18, 2008

Daily Devotions - Friday, April 18

Soul Searching

“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
See if there is any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.”
--from a Song of the Hebrew people

Today is a day for soul searching. Actually every day is a good day to look within and allow new insights to help us in the transformation process.

This concept of soul searching isn’t reserved for those in the Christian community. Obviously the Psalm writer longed for renewal and transformation within. Clearly in the year 2008, the world is at yet another “cross-road.” Actually we don’t need to say a whole lot today. While the grandiose desire for a world of soul-searching folk seems impossible, there is a possible way to make it happen. The verse of the day states it one way and more contemporary lyricists, Sy Miller and Jill Jackson, state it this way:

“Let there be peace on earth, let this be the moment now.
With every step I take, let this be my parting vow:
To take each moment and live each moment in peace eternally
Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.”


May today be a Good Friday for you.

Ben Keckler
04.18.08

No comments: