Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Daily Devotions - Wednesday, April 9

To Be a Better Listener

“Give ear to my words, O Lord; give heed to my sighing.
Listen to the sound of my cry O my God, for to you I pray. ”
--from Psalm 5

This week we seek to be better listeners through a prayer to the Great Listener. Thanks to the Rev. Kenneth Phifer for this prayer.

Lord, this is a shouting world.
There are voices of rage and of protest.
There are voices of defiance and of contempt.
How carefully I sift out the shouting, ignore the screaming.
Make me listen, O God, I pray.
You are the Creator of us all, and sometimes the voices of anger carry messages from you.
Enable me to be a listener, I ask. For in listening I may find direction and guidance.


Listen closely today. God bless you.

Ben Keckler
04.09.08

No comments: